After the incredible response we had to William Carrington’s first episode, he returns for a second episode to break down the steps necessary to successfully make the leap, both financially and emotionally, into a fulfilling retirement.
Hear William discuss:
- how to come up with a budget for retirement, even if you don’t know where you’ll retire
- why the first couple of years of retirement might be more expensive than expected
- when to take withdrawals from your TSP, pension, and social security
- the dollar amount most FS retirees budget annually to live on each year
- why the FS pension and healthcare benefits are so valuable and how hard it is to match those benefits in the private sector
- what inflation does to retirement savings
- the one question you can ask yourself now to ensure your retirement is fulfilling
…..and so much more!
William Carrington is the owner of Carrington Financial Planning, a financial planning and wealth management firm that specializes in working with Foreign Service employees. Since founding his firm over a decade ago, William has worked with more than 500 Foreign Service clients. He is a Certified Financial Planner, a Retirement Management Advisor, a NAPFA-Registered Advisor, and is a fee-only fiduciary. He was also an Eligible Family Member (EFM) for 24 years until his wife retired from the Department.
Music: “Higher Up” by Shane Ivers