Brandon Possin got his first taste of investing in tech at the tender age of 13, when he purchased stock in Apple with his lemonade stand money. His interest in financial technology deepened further after joining the Foreign Service, when he was posted to Pakistan. There, he found that e-commerce entrepreneurs were disadvantaged by their lack of access to platforms like PayPal, as the options available for transferring money and receiving payments were exorbitantly expensive. That experience led Brandon to working directly for a fintech company started by one of the co-founders of Ethereum, where he continued to research crypto and expand his knowledge on how this new digital medium of exchange is changing the world.
In this interview, Brandon discusses:
- What is crypto? What is an NFT?
- Three ways to purchase crypto
- How NFTs are digital representations of social currency
- How digital, decentralized mediums of exchange can level the playing field, unlock talent, and create new capital flows
- How to evaluate cryptocurrencies and some aspects to consider
…and so much more!
Music: “Higher Up” by Shane Ivers